Thursday, July 26, 2012

The next chapter unfolds...

No updates since the last post as far as finding Roman.  It's absolutely heartbreaking.  I guess we have to hope that somebody found him and fell in love with him and is refusing to give him up.  Not the outcome any of us hoped for, but I suppose that may be the best case scenario.  There haven't been any sightings or leads at all.  It's like he's completely vanished.  This whole situation has led to a lot of soul searching and considerations on how best to move forward.  Not to move on in the sense of giving up, but how to move forward?  I won't speak for everybody involved, although I probably can, but I know I was falling victim to feelings of despair, stagnation, inability to cope.  This hit me HARD.  Anyway, to make a long story short, we've decided to send Bonzer to Maui to be adopted by Alexis.  That will be the final puppy to leave our nest, and it will mean that Alexis has one of our litter with her again.  It warms my bruised heart to think about all the love that little Bonzer will get from Alexis, and all the love and healing that he will be able to give her.  We'll never stop looking for Roman and praying for his safe return; and now Bonzer will be able to play an active role in the search for his brother.  I feel very good about this - the good far outweighs any sadness I feel about saying goodbye to our last pup.  Besides, Pali and Hana will always be my babies...they make my world go round and fill my heart completely.

Some pictures from the other day...

Pali...

 Hana happily snuggling her babe...

 Silly Bonzer with a floppy tongue.  This is a patented Pali move, to wake up from a nap like this.  He is so much like his daddy...

Can you believe how BIG Bonzer has gotten?!  Almost as big as his Mama!

 Look at that epic schnozz!  I think his face IS bigger than Hana's already...

 snuggles

 yes Bonzer, you are adorable and oh so handsome...

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful, kind thing you are doing. I am sure it took alot of soul searching. Best luck to Bonzer in his new home and new island!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete