Monday, January 7, 2013

A Mini Reunion/Borzoi Get-Together!

On December 29, a small group of us met up on the North Shore at the Peacock Flats trail.  We joined other Oahu dog owners for the Humane Society's monthly 'Paws of the Path' hike.  Really, it was just a good excuse to get some island Borzoi together.  In addition to  a couple of the Kawailoa Borzoi puppies, I invited Argus (aka Kolchak XVI) and his family to join us.  We managed to get five Borzoi together at one time!  It was fantastic!  Jazz (formerly Pali II) and his family came, including parents Lori and James, and dog-brother Miki.  Maria and her family also joined with Kuhio (formerly Lentil).  And Michelle and her son Matt brought Argus.  We brought Pali and Hana.  Hana was walked by Matt, and Marc and I traded off between walking Pali, and checking out all the 'zois.  It was so much fun :)

Here are pictures from the hike.  Some are really low resolution, but they are still great.  (I would have taken more but my camera died shortly after we started the hike.)


Starting the hike (the Peacock Flats trail is actually just a paved road, closed-off to vehicle traffic, which winds its way up the north side of the Waianae Mtn. range.)  Pictured from left to right: Michelle walking Argus, Matt walking Hana, Pali walking Marc, me.
Resting/water break at the first gate.  Pictured from left to right: James, Lori, Jazz, Miki.

Pali and Jazz sniff noses, joined by Lori and Miki.

 Jazz and Miki.

Jazz and Miki, Argus and Michelle.

 Michelle and Argus...this picture makes the hike look deceivingly mellow...it isn't.  It's all uphill (until you turn around, of course.)

 Argus!

 Marc and Pali, Matt walking Hana. 

Sniff circle.  Hana (left), Argus (right), Kuhio (center).  Argus and Hana have very similar coloring.  He fit right in with the Kawailoa Borzoi bunch.

Argus (left), Maria with Kuhio (center), Pali's schnozz.

Brothers Kuhio and Jazz, Lori in the middle.

Kuhio and Marc.  (Jazz in the back left.)

Matt with Hana...

Matt & Hana, Marc, Pali, and me...

...love this series of Kuhio greeting me.  He got up and his hind legs and gave me a hug, and smothered me with kisses.  Heart=melted.

Kuhio and Argus sniff-sniff.  Marc and Hana enjoying the reunion...

Proud Mama Hana.  Kuhio and Marc reunited...

 
Jazz & Kuhio.

The group, heading back down the hill.

Argus and Kuhio

Group picture!

And a few more group shots :)


I can't wait to do this again!  


And lastly, I will add a few holiday pics for those that couldn't be there...
Roman and Boris snuggling, safe and sound on New Year's Eve.

Tasha under her Christmas tree!

And Misha with his Christmas Tree!
*****
(Okay, I lied, one more note...several people asked me about where I got Pali and Hana's collars from.  I got them from this online shop: http://www.siriusrepublic.com/  Highly recommended!)

1 comment:

  1. walking with other sighthound is very appreciate :)
    Here in my city we don't have many borzoi (especially many borzoi's owner who like to walk with other) but with have a great bunch of sighthound's friend :)
    your link for the collar is GREAT !!!
    have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete