Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Twenty Days...

It's nearly impossible to believe...but twenty days have gone by since the birth of the puppies!  Really, I keep second guessing it - could that be right?  They will be three weeks old tomorrow?!  Yesterday and today I taught a handful of the babies to lap some formula out of a saucer.  We'll still be bottle feeding for a while yet, but it was very exciting!  I am so proud of these pups.  I am so in  love with them.  They are growing up so fast, each one developing a personality, each one changing shape, changing colors even.  The camera seems to pick up quite a bit of red that my naked eye doesn't see.  I think it might be the softer lighting in the whelping room, but it's starting to show through even without the flash of the camera.  Judging by how dark Hana was as a baby, I am not surprised that a lot of lighter red is coming through.  I am quite delighted with it :)  Hana's coloring is simply stunning.

I plan on adding some more info to the 'Puppies for Sale' tab of the website soon...  I want to better describe who we are as breeders, why we bred these dogs, what we expect of puppy buyers, and what they can expect from us.  Stay tuned for that.  I am also going to work on adding more portraits of the individual puppies on that page. 

I have a ton more pictures to share.  I'll post some highlights below, and add more to the Puppy Album pages as well.

Cocoa

Cocoa

Cocoa

Cocoa sitting on Garbanzo

 Jelly & Pali II

Kidney

Jelly

Kidney

Soy

Lentil

Lentil

Jelly and Soy - the twinsies

Lima

Lentil & Kidney in an embrace

The puppies piled in their bed

1 comment: