Wednesday, October 31, 2012

ROMAN HAS BEEN FOUND!

It is with unmeasurable joy that I am finaly able to write this post.  Roman has been found and is safe at home with his Mom Alexis and his brother Boris!  (If you are not familiar with the story - Roman's disappearance as a result of a hit and run car accident has been chronicled in detail on this blog here and here.)  

Roman went missing on June 10 when he was just 4 months and 2 days old...just a baby!  Four months and 20 days later he is finally back home.  This means Roman spent over half of his short life lost in the wild!  What a tale of survival!  I will quote the story from Alexis' roommate:

(From this morning:) Just got home with Roman, our roomie Alexis's dog who has been missing for almost FIVE MONTHS. He was spotted in a field a few miles from her home where he's been living on wild chickens and occasional handouts from nearby residents. We set the trap on Friday night but eventually all he needed was to see his mom... after all that time, he just walked right up to her! He was just a puppy when she lost him (he escaped her car which got totaled in a hit-and-run accident). He's super skinny but otherwise healthy and SO happy to be home. I love him already! Welcome home Roman!! ♥ :) ♥

We are all so overjoyed.  There could not be a happier ending to this story.  At first I was in shock when I got the phone call from Alexis...then I was in tears.  I'm still in shock, but I have such a wonderful sense of closure and peace now.  I am so thankful to Alexis for never giving up, and to all the friends who helped put up flyers and spread the word.  I'm thankful that Boris gets to be with his brother, and that Roman gets to be back with his family, warm, safe, fed, loved, and cared for. 

Miracles do happen. Sometimes you just have to wait for it.

And here is amazingly sweet picture of Roman reunited with his brother Boris...
 

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to say Roman is home, loving life as though he never left. Vet says he is in great health, he just needs to gain more weight and catch up with his brother. I am so blessed not to only have him back, but to have his brother to live and play with him, but also to have such wonderful breeders to help me through my tough times. I don't know what I would have done without their support, the amazing gift of Boris and the universe that gave Roman back to us. I am so happy and I now have two amazing boys from such great breeders! Many thanks you guys and I know I will have two new Oahu friends for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete